Please read this Notice carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information. This Notice
may be updated from time to time, so kindly review it frequently. For any significant updates, we will inform
those people with whom we are in regular contact. By using our website, you indicate your agreement with the
terms and provisions outlined in this Notice.
Who we are
The Advocacy Academy is a youth organising movement, working to create a more fair, equal, and just society
in which young people with lived experience of injustice have the power to make lasting change for themselves
and their communities. We are building the power of young people, combining the practice of community
organising, rigorous training in justice systems, with the heart and soul of radical youth work. We are a
registered charity in England and Wales, No. 1161785
How long do we keep your data
The information you give us, through our website or by corresponding with us and information collected by us
as you visit or interact with our website.
The data you provide may include:
● Your name
● Your email
● Your contact details.
The data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to:
● Your IP address.
● Information about your browser and operating systems
● Information about your visit, this may include but is not limited to pages looked at, visit duration,
errors encountered and interaction with the pages.
How we use your information
Any personal information we collect from this website is used in accordance with the General Data Protection
Regulation and other applicable laws.
The information you provide allows us to do the following:
● If you have made an enquiry, then we will use your contact details to respond to your enquiry.
● If you opted into our newsletter, then we send you, our newsletter.
● To provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
● To provide you with the information about other goods and services we offer that are like those that
you have already purchased or enquired about.
● To notify you about changes to our services.
● To protect keep our website safe and secure.
● To improve our website and personalise it for you and your computer.
● To provide interactive features
● To measure the effectiveness of our advertising
● It is our policy to ensure that your personal data is not made accessible to unauthorised individuals.
We have taken reasonable steps to protect both the digital and physical storage of data.
● We strive to protect your personal information; we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any
information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
● Your data may be kept if it is required for legal or accounting reasons.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. These may include:
● Right to be informed – you have a right to be told how we use your personal data. We communicate
the right to be informed via this privacy notice.
● Right of Access: You are entitled to request a copy of the information we have on record about you.
● Right of Rectification: Should any of the data we hold about you be incorrect or incomplete, you hold
the right to rectify it.
● Right to Erasure: In specific circumstances, you can request the removal of your data from our records.
● The right to withdraw consent – If the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is
consent then you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Certain situations may arise in which your rights might not be applicable. For instance, the right to erasure may
not be applicable if your personal data is necessary for ongoing legal proceedings. To fully understand your rights please use the following link: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
We keep this Notice under regular review
If you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, then in the first instance please
contact the Data Protection Officer
If you would like any further information or have any queries, problems or complaints relating to this Notice or
our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
The Advocacy Academy
5-7 Vining Street
London SW9 8QE
If you are still dissatisfied with how we have handled your complaint, then you have the right to complain to
the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Further details about how to complain can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns