the advocates charter
1. A better world is possible. There is nothing inevitable about injustice and inequality
2. It is our right and our responsibility to build that world
3. We strive to continually improve ourselves, our communities and our society
4. The lives of ordinary people matter
5. We are one community. We look after each other and stand in solidarity with one another
6. It is our right to define ourselves and have our identities celebrated
7. We actively work to uncover, acknowledge and overcome our biases
8. We value lived experience and support others to “do for themselves” and their communities. Nothing about us without us!
9. We prize conviction and support each other to live our values in our everyday lives
10. We value critical thinking and challenge. We approach discomfort, disagreement and difficult conversations with an open and curious mind
11. We practice the powerful combination of education and action
12. We work to create inclusive and supportive spaces where we can each be our (best) selves
watch our videos
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept. For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.